ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — The investigations into Gov. Andrew Cuomo are costing state taxpayers a lot of money.
Right now, there are seven legal contracts, costing just over $10 million, according to the New York State Comptroller’s Office.
The law firms represent the Assembly, the New York State Attorney General’s Office, the Executive Office and the Department of Health.
Gov. Cuomo is paying for his own attorney.
Cuomo Under Fire
- Cuomo legal woes continue, could cost public at least $9.5M
- Cuomo stripped of Emmy: ‘Any reference to his receiving the award will be eliminated’
- Cuomo: ‘Thank you for the honor of serving as governor of New York’
- Kathy Hochul becomes New York’s first female governor
- Watch: Defiant Cuomo bids farewell to New Yorkers before Hochul takes over