ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — The New York State Assembly Judiciary Committee is looking for more information from Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s counsel, as their investigation nears completion.
Committee Chair Charles Lavine (D-Glen Cove) shared a message from independent committee counsel Davis Polk & Wardwell:
“We write to inform you that the Committee’s investigation is nearing completion and the Assembly will soon consider potential articles of impeachment against your client. Accordingly, we invite you to provide any additional evidence or written submissions that you would like the Committee to consider before its work concludes. To the extent that you wish to share any such materials with the Committee, please do so by no later than 5:00 pm on August 13, 2021.”
Lavine says the counsel has previously asked for relevant documents, and that the Judiciary Committee “continues to expect full compliance from the Governor.”
The Judiciary Committee is planning to meet on Monday morning.
Cuomo Under Fire
- Cuomo legal woes continue, could cost public at least $9.5M
- Cuomo stripped of Emmy: ‘Any reference to his receiving the award will be eliminated’
- Cuomo: ‘Thank you for the honor of serving as governor of New York’
- Kathy Hochul becomes New York’s first female governor
- Watch: Defiant Cuomo bids farewell to New Yorkers before Hochul takes over