Statement from Senator Chuck Schumer:
“First, I want to commend the brave women who stepped forward and courageously told their stories. There is no place for sexual harassment, and today’s announcement by Governor Cuomo to resign was the right decision for the good of the people of New York. I have full confidence that Lt Governor Hochul will establish a professional and capable administration. I have spoken with Lt Governor Hochul and look forward to working together to help the people of New York,” says Schumer.
Cuomo Under Fire
- Cuomo legal woes continue, could cost public at least $9.5M
- Cuomo stripped of Emmy: ‘Any reference to his receiving the award will be eliminated’
- Cuomo: ‘Thank you for the honor of serving as governor of New York’
- Kathy Hochul becomes New York’s first female governor
- Watch: Defiant Cuomo bids farewell to New Yorkers before Hochul takes over