NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — Niagara Falls Police are investigating after a decomposed body was found on Michigan Avenue late Wednesday morning.
Officers responded to the 1800 block of Michigan Avenue around 11:40 a.m. to a report of a dead person.
When officers arrived, they found “badly decomposed human remains,” according to a city spokesperson.
Authorities don’t know how long the body has been, who the remains belong to or how the person died.
A post-mortem examination is scheduled for Thursday.
Detectives are investigating the discovery.
New on WIVB.com
- Could the SCOTUS abortion ruling impact NY Governor’s race? Political expert breaks it down
- Volunteers come to lend a hand at Riverdale Cemetery
- State lawmakers react to SCOTUS conceal & carry ruling
- Registration open for multiple DEC licenses
- Chautauqua County Sheriff’s office investigating Hanover fire