Deputy extinguishes fire possibly ignited by candle

News
KIMG0090_443819

TOWN OF CONCORD, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County Sheriff’s office thinks a candle started a fire that was extinguished by a deputy.

This past Thursday afternoon, deputies responded to a fire at a home on Springville Boston Rd. in the Town of Concord.

When they got there, a babysitter and a 2-year-old child were waiting near the road.

After entering through a basement door, a deputy climbed up some stairs into a kitchen, where about three feet of thick smoke was collecting at the ceiling.

The smoke had been coming from the bathroom, where a small fire was found, the Sheriff’s office says.

It took three bowls of water to extinguish the fire, which was located next to a bath tub.

The Sheriff’s office says a candle may have reignited before spreading to some plastic toys.

There was no estimate of damage done by the fire, which did not spread outside the bathroom.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories