NEWFANE, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara County Sheriff’s office says they responded to the scene of a head-on vehicle accident Thursday.
Authorities say they responded to the scene on Ridge Road just after 12:05 p.m. after receiving multiple 911 calls. Following a preliminary investigation, authorities say a vehicle heading westbound on Ridge Road crossed over the center line and struck a vehicle head-on traveling eastbound.
One driver was transported to ECMC for serious, but non-life-threatening, injuries. He was later identified as 45-year-old Hilton Maxwell of Newfane. The driver who was not injured has been identified as 77-year-old Gary Watier.
The accident is under investigation.
- Scientists fear valley fever may be on the rise, on the move in US
- Hot streaks, cool feats: UB, Bona hoops teams extend winning runs
- 103.3 The Edge helps get more than 30 people trained in hands-only CPR
- Man charged with murder in fatal stabbing of O.C. doctor riding bike on PCH
- Ken-Ton schools host 36th annual Jerry Starr SleepOut