BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The union representing teachers at Buffalo Public Schools is planning to hold a protest before Wednesday night’s Board of Education meeting.
The Buffalo Teachers Federation (BTF) says it has received “insulting and degrading proposals” for a new contract. In addition to that, they say the protest will be in response to “the Board’s delaying of negotiations.”
The protest is planned for 4 p.m. at Buffalo Academy of Visual and Performing Arts. Following this, BTF President Phil Rumore will address the Board during their meeting.
Buffalo Public Schools
- Elmwood Village Charter Schools enter “hold-in-place” after threats
- BPS to have “consistent police presence” near schools
- Can of pepper spray discharged in Buffalo school classroom
- “No excuses”: Local organization works with officials to stop violence in schools
- School leaders address attack of second grader on school bus