BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A former church partially collapsed Saturday evening, according to a city spokesperson.
The former Transfiguration Church on Sycamore Street, between Mills and Stanislaus streets, has long been vacant. The structure partially collapsed near the right rear side, according to the spokesperson.
Individuals residing next door to the church were evacuated and found alternative housing as facilitated by Buffalo fire.
The City of Buffalo’s Department of Permit and Inspection Services has advised the church’s owners to remedy the hazard.
- Senators start laying out priorities for farm bill
- Millions of dollars proposed by Gov. Hochul in state budget for mental health in schools
- Vermont man dies after large brawl among spectators at school basketball game
- Girls flag football state championship approved, starts in 2024
- House Republicans hold first hearings to kick off probes