WASHINGTON (NEWS10) – Now that Donald Trump is the president-elect for the United States, what is his plan for his first 100 days in office?
In October, Trump released a “100-day action plan to Make America Great Again.” The campaign said this was “his contract between myself and the American voter – and begins with restoring honesty and accountability, and bringing change to Washington.”
Here are some highlights of his plan:
Donald Trump’s 100 Day Plan
- Set Congressional term limits
- Hiring freeze on all federal employees (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
- Create requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated
- Renegotiate NAFTA
- Withdrawal from Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Allow Keystone Pipeline to move forward
- Cancel every unconstitutional action, memorandum, and order issued by President Obama
- Selecting Supreme Court Justice to replace Justice Scalia
- Remove more than 2 million illegal criminal immigrants from the country
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur.
- Begin construction of a wall on the U.S.’s southern border and have Mexico reimburse the U.S. for the full cost.
- Allow Americans to deduct childcare and eldercare from their taxes
- Repeal and replace Obamacare
- Five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
- Lifetime ban on White House officials from lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
- Lift restrictions on American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal
- Cancel billions in payments to the U.N. climate change programs and use money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
- Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities
- Establish tariffs to discourage companies from laying off workers in order to relocate to other countries
- Leverage public-private partnerships and private investments to upgrade U.S. infrastructure
- Allow parents to send their kids to public, private, chater, magnet, religious or home school of their choice
- Rebuild U.S. military through the Restoring National Security Act
This story was originally published on News10, a Media General contributing station.