WASHINGTON (WIVB) — On Friday, Congress passed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act. The legislation would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level.
However, industry experts are skeptical that the bill will actually get through the Senate and become law.
David Belsky, the CEO and Founder of FlowerHire, joined News 4 at 4 on Friday to provide insight on what the resurgence of the MORE Act means in regard to workforce development and the addition of new careers across the cannabis industry, as well as ancillary businesses.
The full interview can be seen in the video player above.
New on WIVB.com
- 2022 hurricane names are set: Here’s what they’ll be
- San Diego Padres player gets 80-game suspension
- Governor Hochul announces effort to prevent speeding
- Climate change doubles likelihood of ‘megastorms,’ extreme flooding in California: study
- Police release surveillance video related to fatal shooting
Jordan Norkus is an anchor who has been part of the News 4 team since 2021. See more of her work here.