KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson Mahomes, the brother of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, was charged with sexual battery Tuesday.
He was booked Wednesday morning into the Johnson County jail and charged with three counts of aggravated sexual battery and one count of battery, according to Johnson County court records.
He turned himself in around 7 a.m.
On Feb. 25, Jackson allegedly forcibly kissed a restaurant owner and pushed a teenager, according to a police report.
FOX4 has reached out to the Johnson County District Attorney’s office, but they are not commenting at this time.
Mahomes’ bond is set at $100,000. He’s due for an arraignment at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
He made headlines during the 2021 NFL season and had to apologize after doing a TikTok dance on a #21 painted on the field honoring Washington Commanders’ player Sean Taylor.
A couple months after that incident, he was in news again when a downtown Kansas City bar called his behavior out after he expressed displeasure in a social media rant that he later deleted.
Details about his charges and court proceedings are developing. FOX4 will keep you updated when more information becomes available.
- Ohio resident sought by scientists may have had ‘cryptic’ COVID strain for 2 years
- Multiple people reportedly injured in shooting near Virginia university campus
- Senate Democrats call on US regulators to examine PGA Tour, LIV Golf deal
- Starbucks brings newest coffee line to 11 more states: Where to find it
- Rhode Island man accused of breaking into homes to steal sex toys