ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) – Bills quarterback Josh Allen, yes, QB 1 is appearing in a Frito Lay commercial being filmed Wednesday at Highmark Stadium.
According to the casting director of the commercial, Frank Rossi, of Buffalo Film Casting, the commercial is a closed set, meaning the public and media are not allowed. Rossi says Allen will be at the commercial shoot on Wednesday.
A spokesperson for the Bills confirmed that the commercial shooting is happening.
Principal actors are being paid $1,200, extras are making $200.
In a Facebook post, prior to Wednesday’s shoot, Rossi said he was searching for four principal roles for coaches — a male football coach in his 50s or 60s, a male or female coach in their 30s or 40s, a wide receiver and a Josh Allen look-a-like.
Extras were also sought for the shoot to play linemen, defensive backs and receivers.
Filming for the commercial, which will be shot in a locker room, is expected to go between six to eight hours. The call time for cast and crew at Highmark Stadium is set for noon.
- Local leaders speak out on Tyre Nichols footage
- Final 4 NFL teams all feature offensive-focused coaches
- Former BPD officer facing charges related to looting investigation
- HS wrestling: Starpoint, Chatauqua Lake, Niagara Wheatfield in state title contention
- Ford recalls 462K vehicles over rear camera problem tied to 17 accidents
Jeff Preval is an award-winning anchor and reporter who joined the News 4 team in December 2021. See more of his work here.