ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — The next Lieutenant Governor of New York will be State Senator Brian Benjamin.
Fellow State Senator Jamaal Bailey shared the news on Twitter.
According to Nexstar contributor Henry Rosoff, Democratic Party leaders in the Bronx have also confirmed this.
Benjamin has served New York’s 30th Senate District, which includes Harlem, East Harlem and the Upper West Side in New York City. He is the Chair of the Senate’s Budget and Revenue Committee.
Transition of Power
- Brian Benjamin outlines his initial responsibilities as Lieutenant Governor
- Hochul signs major disaster declaration amid Ida recovery efforts
- Hochul names NYC mayoral runner-up Kathryn Garcia to top job
- As eviction moratorium winds down, Hochul gears up to help renters and landlords
- NYS lawmakers, Hochul talk ethics reform