ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)–COVID numbers are spiking in Western New York.
Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says there were 385-new cases yesterday in this county.
Poloncarz says there is not one group or community causing the uptick.
Final numbers for yesterday, Nov. 6: after eliminating duplicate cases and non-county residents, 385 new cases were confirmed out of 7,995 diagnostic reports received.— Mark Poloncarz (@markpoloncarz) November 7, 2020
That’s the most cases in a single day in Erie County during the pandemic.
The daily positivity was 4.8%. pic.twitter.com/feOKhk6uYN
He says there is general spread happening in all areas. New York state reports the infection rate for all of Western New York is 4.3 %, the highest in the state.
Governor Cuomo says an announcement is coming Monday regarding Erie County.
- Reigning BMX gold medalist Connor Fields stretchered off
- Curtain-up at Shea’s Performing Arts Center after year and a half with no audiences
- The Diplomatic Security Service: How US athletes are kept safe at the Olympics
- New law prohibits schools from suing over unpaid meal fees
- Coach Sean McDermott shares why skin cancer awareness is important to him