HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB)- After failing to set up shop on Grand Island, Amazon is now setting its sights on the Southtowns.
Hamburg supervisor James Shaw confirms the company is planning a $47.2 million dollar warehouse and distribution center at Route Five and Bayview Road.
He says the facility would be on 57-acres of land. Shaw says the project has been in the planning stages for several months now.
The application for the Hamburg Industrial Development Agency is for 100 jobs.
Amazon released the following statement to News 4:
“Amazon is a dynamic business and we are constantly exploring new locations. We weigh a variety of factors when deciding where to develop future sites to best serve customers, however, we have a policy of not commenting on our future roadmap.”
A public hearing on the project is set for January 22.
- Buffalo Bills 2021 schedule: Bills get 4 primetime games, including Thanksgiving night
- Elon Musk says Tesla is suspending Bitcoin vehicle purchases
- Trouble finding a new car? Microchip shortage could be the cause
- Western New York restaurants raise chicken wing prices again
- NYSDEC still probing possible cause of house explosion in oil & gas drilling country