HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB)- After failing to set up shop on Grand Island, Amazon is now setting its sights on the Southtowns.
Hamburg supervisor James Shaw confirms the company is planning a $47.2 million dollar warehouse and distribution center at Route Five and Bayview Road.
He says the facility would be on 57-acres of land. Shaw says the project has been in the planning stages for several months now.
The application for the Hamburg Industrial Development Agency is for 100 jobs.
Amazon released the following statement to News 4:
“Amazon is a dynamic business and we are constantly exploring new locations. We weigh a variety of factors when deciding where to develop future sites to best serve customers, however, we have a policy of not commenting on our future roadmap.”
A public hearing on the project is set for January 22.
- Gray’s 17 points lead Florida State past Louisville 78-65
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Niagara Falls coffee shop selling Bills-themed bagels
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief