BUFFALO, NY (WIVB) - Construction is scheduled to resume on Friday on the project to perform bridge deck rehabilitation on the Buffalo Skyway, according to the NYS Department of Transportation.
In a news release, the state DOT said that starting at 9 a.m., temporary traffic signals will be activated on Fuhrmann Boulevard between Scott Street and Ohio Street, and at the intersection of Louisiana Street and Scott Street.
The signals will be in flash mode for one week, and will be switched to three-color operation on March 29, according to the news release.
On Friday, March 29, the Interstate 190 southbound ramp to NY Route 5 westbound will be closed until further notice. The westbound (outbound) lanes of the Buffalo Skyway between Interstate 190 and Ohio Street, will be closed, the DOT said.
According to the news release, drivers will begin using the eastbound (inbound) lanes for both inbound and outbound traffic under the below schedule:
- 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to inbound (eastbound) traffic only.
- 11:00 a.m. until noon weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
- Noon until 3:00 a.m. the following day, weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only.
- 3:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
- Saturdays and Sundays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only.