(WIVB) — Buffalo Niagara International Airport will soon receive a major boost from Uncle Sam.
$10 million will go toward safety and improvement projects. This includes things like giving the terminal building a facelift, restoring runways and installing a new guidance system.
United States Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand say this funding is crucial to helping the air travel and tourism industries bounce back from the pandemic.
New on WIVB.com
- White House commission split on SCOTUS reform ideas
- Dozens of rattlesnakes removed from underneath California woman’s home
- Taco Bell announces free World Series taco offer, possible Baseball Hall of Fame display
- Medicare open enrollment begins for Americans
- US Capitol officer told Jan. 6 rioter to hide evidence, prosecutors say