BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The superintendent of the Buffalo Public Schools is giving a positive update on the search for school bus drivers.
School districts all across the country have experienced a shortage of bus drivers, including Buffalo.
Dr. Kriner Cash says the district’s bus provider, First Student, has more than 100 interviews scheduled for Saturday.
Cash says the district is working with First Student to increase the signing bonus for new drivers to $5,000.
New on WIVB.com
- Donald Trump Jr. sells T-shirts mocking Alec Baldwin’s fatal shooting
- 11 African lions test positive for COVID-19 at Denver Zoo
- 46% of adults would listen to same song on repeat for 3 days — just for more ‘me time’
- Greece Police Chief resigning in wake of crash, district attorney investigation continues
- Hertz to buy 100,000 Teslas; rentals available starting November, CEO says