BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — With a major winter storm hitting western New York, many schools and businesses are closing Friday, while events and games this weekend are being canceled or rescheduled.
This page breaks down closings by category. To see our complete list of all closings, click or tap here.
Many schools are closed for Monday and a few have closed for Tuesday. You can see a full list here.
Nearly every flight from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport is canceled. See their full list here.
Much of Erie County remains in a travel ban as of 7 a.m. Saturday. You can get the latest info here.
- The Walden Galleria will be temporarily closed to the public as of 8 a.m. Friday. In addition, the Eastern Hills Mall and McKinley Mall are also closed Friday.
- The Erie County Clerk’s office is closed Friday. All auto bureaus are closed Friday and Saturday.
- Erie County Courts will be conducting emergency operations virtually Monday. With the exception of criminal court arraignments and any emergency criminal matters, emergency matters will be handled virtually.
- The Town of West Seneca Offices and Town of Cheektowaga Offices will be closed Friday among a number of other government and medical offices and businesses.
- Broadway Market will be closed Friday, Save A Lot inside the market will remain open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Many others are also closed — click or tap here for the full list.
Latest Local News
- ‘The entire region is in mourning:’ Buffalo State professor with ties to Turkey reacts to earthquake aftermath
- Remedy House workers walk out, announce union effort
- Teen indicted on murder for January shooting
- Buffalo man could get 25-to-life if convicted of stoplight shooting
- West Seneca police looking for woman last seen in Buffalo
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to stealing fire truck
The Buffalo Bishop gave a pass to those affected by the storm. “I dispense Catholics in those areas of the diocese affected by the snowstorm, travel advisories, and/or travel bans from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass,” he said.
- Town of Evans garbage pickup has been suspended on Monday and regular services will resume on Tuesday. Residents who have a Monday pickup will be postponed until Nov. 28.
- Village of Blasdell garbage pickup is canceled on Monday and rescheduled for Tuesday.
- Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said there will be no garbage pickup on Monday. It will resume on Tuesday. If your scheduled day is Monday, it will resume on Nov. 28.
- The Town of Tonawanda said it WILL have garbage pickup Friday
- Many other towns will also likely cancel; check with your local department.
- Turnstile concert at Town Ballroom – Canceled
- Ancient Aliens Live at Shea’s – Canceled
- Habib Koite and Bamada at Kleinhans – Canceled
- Buffalo Philharmonic performance with Yo-Yo Ma – Postponed to May 7, 2023
- A Drag Queen Christmas at Shea’s – Canceled
- Ted Vigil: A Tribute to John Denver at the Riviera Theater – Postponed to Dec. 13
- Wannabe: A Spice Girls Tribute at Rec Room – Postponed
- Cooper Alan with David J at Buffalo Iron Works – Postponed
- Irish Classical Theatre Company’s performance of Great Expectations – Canceled
- Fr. Justin Knights of Columbus Meat Raffle – Canceled
- Justice League of WNY’s Gotham Gala – Canceled
- Town of Niagara’s “Electric Light Parade” and “Noel at Niagara” holiday event – Canceled
- Buffalo Philharmonic’s Music of ABBA performance – Canceled
- The Uncle Louie Variety Show – Postponed
- Native American Music Awards – Postponed to November 21
- Buffalo Bills vs. Cleveland Browns game – Moved to Ford Field in Detroit, 1 p.m. Sunday kickoff
- Buffalo Bandits Saturday open practice – Canceled
- The UB football game against Akron originally scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Saturday has been postponed. The Mid-American Conference are “considering options” to reschedule the game for Sunday should weather conditions permit.
- The UB women’s basketball game against Princeton originally scheduled for noon on Saturday has been canceled and will not be made up.
- The Canisius men’s basketball game against Fredonia, which was originally scheduled for Friday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m., at the Koessler Athletic Center has been postponed, with a tentative make-up date set for Sunday, Nov. 20.
- The Canisius women’s basketball game against Binghamton, which was originally scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 19 at 1 p.m. has also been postponed, with a tentative make-up date set for Sunday, Nov. 20.
- Niagara hockey announced Thursday that Saturday’s home non-conference contest with St. Lawrence University has been postponed. The game has been rescheduled for Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023 at Dwyer Arena.
- New York State Far West Regional football games – Moved to Monday
- All rink events on Friday and Saturday at Harborcenter – Canceled
- DoorDash: operations suspended till Sunday
To be added to this list, please email email@example.com.
- Five big takeaways from President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union Address
- Five things Biden didn’t talk about in the State of the Union
- Photos: President Biden’s second State of the Union address
- Lawmakers react to Biden’s State of the Union
- Sanders says ‘choice is between normal or crazy’ in GOP response