The Buffalo Wing Trail was unveiled on Thursday morning.
Visit Buffalo Niagara held a conference, revealing what they call the “delicious dozen” that make up this food trail.
“Buffalo has one of the most distinctive food cultures in the entire United States,” Visit Buffalo Niagara President and CEO Patrick Kaler said. “And for more than 50 years, chicken wings have been a cornerstone of that culture. With the success of food and beverage trails across the country, Visit Buffalo Niagara felt it was a no-brainer to launch what we’re calling ‘America’s Tastiest Drive’ as a way to call attention to Buffalo’s amazing food scene.”
The list was made after Visit Buffalo Niagara received input from their Facebook followers.
Here is the list:
- The Anchor Bar, “Original Wings” 1047 Main St., Buffalo
- Bar-Bill Tavern, “Painted Wings” 185 Main St., East Aurora
- Blackthorn Restaurant, “South Buffalo Wings” 2134 Seneca St., Buffalo
- Cole’s Restaurant, “Classic Wings” 1104 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
- Doc Sullivan’s, “Smitty Wings” 474 Abbott Rd., Buffalo
- Duff’s, “Very, Very Hot Wings” 3651 Sheridan Dr., Amherst
- Elmo’s, “Double-dipped Wings” 2349 Millersport Hwy., Getzville
- Gabriel’s Gate, “Old School Wings” 145 Allen St., Buffalo
- Gene McCarthy’s, “Blue Cheese Wings” 73 Hamburg St., Buffalo
- Glen Park Tavern, “Sicilian Wings” 5507 Main St., Williamsville
- The Lenox Grill, “Korean Barbecue Wings” 140 North Street, Buffalo
- Mammoser’s Tavern, “Special Sauce Wings” 16 S. Buffalo St., Hamburg
“Food lovers and travelers of all kinds are going to love the Buffalo Wing Trail,” Buffalo “Wing King” and National Buffalo Wing Festival founder Drew Cerza said. “The Trail features a tremendous variety of wing flavors and styles and some of the coolest corner taverns you’d ever want to hang out in. I guarantee that if wings are one of your favorite foods, Buffalo is going to be one of your favorite places.”