BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Friday afternoon, a number of local and state leaders came together to announce a $1 billion funding project for one of Buffalo’s essential highways.
According to the New York State Legislature, the billion-dollar project “seeks to redesign and fully cover a portion of Route 33 designated as the Kensington Expressway, to restore Frederick Law Olmsted’s vision for Humboldt Parkway while reconnecting the Hamlin Park, Cold Spring, and MLK neighborhoods.”
Assembly Majority Leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes, Senator Tim Kennedy, Congressman Brian Higgins, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and the Restore Our Community Coalition were at Friday’s conference.
- Senate Democrats say Republicans are ‘plotting’ for national abortion ban
- Grubhub’s ‘free lunch for New York City’ deal goes awry
- Lawmakers question FDA’s response to baby formula shortage
- Bonaventure goalie Brett Dobson makes history, first Bonnie drafted for lacrosse
- ‘Stranger Things’ Monopoly game contains spoilers for upcoming season, fans say