UPDATE: The 11-Day Power Play officially set a Guinness World Record for the longest continuous ice hockey game ever played at 252 hours and 50 seconds, organizers said Friday.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The 11-Day Power Play wrapped up at Riverworks Wednesday night.
This year, the players set a new world record for the longest hockey game ever played.
The 11-Day Power Play also reached its goal of raising more than $2 million for cancer research.
Organizers say reaching that goal shows the generosity of western New Yorkers.
The money raised through the event benefits Roswell Park, Make-A-Wish WNY and Camp Good Days.
- Man killed by stray bullet while eating Thanksgiving dinner inside his home
- CDC expects to identify omicron COVID-19 variant ‘quickly’ if it gets to US
- 28% of unvaccinated Americans would consider lying about status to keep a job, survey suggests
- LeBron James fined $15,000 for obscene gesture, issued warning for language
- Residents urged to safely transport their Christmas tree this season