BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — One man was killed and another man was hurt in a shooting on Shirley Avenue on Saturday, Buffalo police said.
Northeast District officers with the Buffalo Police Department responded to a call of gunfire just before 5:20 p.m. on the 200 block of Shirley.
Police said that a 21-year-old male was pronounced dead at the scene. In addition, a 33-year-old man is being treated at ECMC with non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call or text the Confidential TIPCALL Line at (716) 847-2255.
- COVID conspiracies return in force, just in time for 2024
- Allen and the Bills are back on track and want to keep rolling at the 2-0 Commanders
- Honolulu resident claims strangers emerged from storm manhole on his property
- Former USPS worker charged, accused of stealing nearly $1.7M in checks from mail
- 5 credit card scams to watch out for this holiday season
Justin McMullen is a Western New York native who joined the News 4 team in 2023. You can read more of his work here.
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.