BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 39-year-old member of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office died while on duty at the Erie County Holding Center.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Sheriff’s Office says Sergeant Arthur Basher “suffered a medical event.” Deputies and medical staff tried to revive him, but could not.
“We are all stunned and shaken by his passing, and I have arranged for grief counselors and peer counseling to be available at the holding center,” Sheriff John Garcia said.
Sgt. Basher was with the Erie County Sheriff’s Office for more than nine years, reaching the rank of sergeant in 2017. A shroud on the memorial stone in front of 10 Delaware Ave. has been placed in observance of his passing.
- What to know before Canisius faces top seed Minnesota in NCAA Tournament
- Biden administration plans to break up monopoly power of U.S. organ transplant system
- Lindsay Lohan, others hit with SEC charges for endorsing cryptocurrencies
- Kansas family lived with man’s dead body for 6 years, police say
- PGA of America official talks LIV golfers, May tourney at Oak Hill