By morning, power had been restored for most of western New York.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Around 5,700 people are without power in the City of Buffalo, according to a National Grid outage map, as of 11:25 p.m. Thursday.
According to Buffalo Police, this is affecting the areas of Lovejoy, Kaisertown and Schiller Park. It is also affecting about a dozen traffic signals.
Motorists should treat those intersections as four-way stops and use caution.
According to National Grid most power is not expected to be restored until 2 a.m. Friday.
- Buffalo man in ‘critical but stable’ condition after being shot by police responding to call of ‘suicidal male’
- Two people rescued in Lake Erie by Coast Guard, Air 1
- Everhart praises Biden’s announcement of new Gun Violence Prevention Office
- Amherst man arrested for assault after alleged domestic altercation prompts 4 hour standoff
- Acting New York State Police superintendent Steven Nigrelli retires
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.