BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo pharmaceutical company Athenex has been ordered to pay a former employee over $635,000, ending a six-year battle in court.
Gross Shuman PC Attorneys, the firm that represents former employee Stephen Panero, said that the jury found that the company improperly withheld a $72,000 bonus owed to Panero in 2017 for the 2016 fiscal year.
Athenex disputed this claim and responded with a countersuit, seeking $500,000 in damages.
In the final ruling, which occurred last week, the jury ordered the company to pay Panero the $72,000, plus $35,000 in interest. He was also awarded more than $200,000 after it was found that Athenex terminated him without cause, as well as an additional more than $300,000 in legal fees. The final total was $635,029.41.
- UB alum Khalil Mack’s franchise record 6 sacks helps propel Chargers to 24-17 win over Raiders
- Shutdown averted: Political winners and losers
- Bills defense dominates Miami’s high-flying offense in 48-20 win
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- New York DEC hosts fall foliage picture contests
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.