BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — State Supreme Court Justice Henry Nowak has denied the City of Buffalo’s motion to dismiss a lawsuit concerning school zone speeding tickets.
Attorney Kevin Stocker, who filed the lawsuit, shared information on the recent decision. He is seeking to have all current school zone speeding tickets dismissed. In addition to that, he is attempting to get refunds for anyone who already paid a fine.
Earlier this year, the controversial speed zone cameras were removed.
MORE | Walton calls for refunds from Buffalo school speed zone cameras
In court, Judge Nowak ruled that Stocker produced “sufficient allegations for class certification,” the attorney says.
Further proceedings will be tentatively scheduled for December.
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Las Vegas due to bird
- Champions at last: Bandits claim NLL Cup, 5th title in franchise history, 1st in 15 years
- Influencer mom fighting for life after suffering aneurysm one week before due date
- Canisius unveils new logo ahead of transition to university
- Some Apple customers frustrated by new savings accounts