BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown will join members of the Puerto Rican and Hispanic Day Parade Association of WNY on Thursday for a flag raising ceremony.
It is being held in advance of the 20th anniversary of the Puerto Rican and Hispanic Day Parade. The flag raising is set for 12 p.m. on Thursday in Niagara Square. There will also be a moment of silence for the lives lost in the Tops mass shooting in May.
The parade is scheduled for August 20 at 12 p.m. starting at City Hall.
- Legendary guitarist James Burton confirms kidney cancer diagnosis
- ‘Complete destruction’: Aerial video shows Hurricane Ian’s impact on Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach
- Texas homecoming queen gives crown to childhood friend
- Indigenous children honored at Lake Shore
- Unique fundraiser takes people ‘over the edge’ Saturday
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.