BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A bar incident between off-duty uniformed Buffalo firefighters over the weekend left one of them hospitalized with a head injury.
Buffalo police said they responded to a rescue call at The Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub on Seneca Street Saturday around 5:30 p.m.
Family members have identified the injured firefighter as Derek Rose. He was taken to ECMC for treatment, where he remains in critical condition in the hospital’s trauma ICU.
The other firefighter has been suspended for 30 days without pay, according to a city spokesman. News 4 has learned that firefighter’s name is Richard Manley.
Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said both men were in uniform at the time of the incident. Flynn also said there is a “lack of cooperation” from people who were at the restaurant when the altercation happened.
Buffalo police and the district attorney’s office are investigating this incident. Anyone with information is asked to call the BPD’s confidential tip line at (716) 847-2255 or the DA’s office at (716) 858-2424.
There is also a GoFundMe page for the Rose family. Find that information: here.
This story has been updated with new information
- Familiar Bills domination may include hidden big-picture improvement
- LIV Golf Chicago: DeChambeau, Crushers sweep both titles
- Missing vulnerable alert for 75-year-old Buffalo woman with dementia cancelled
- Race is on to find Great Lakes shipwrecks before quagga mussels destroy them
- ‘The church is our family’: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Elma to be torn down
Watch News 4 any time here.