BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man admitted to his role in the death of a well-known woman known to city residents as “Claire.”
Clara Gomez, 58, was killed after being hit by a vehicle at Main and W. Utica streets this past May. Officials said a vehicle chase led to her death.
According to officials, 22-year-old Marlon Servance, Jr. was driving when he allegedly fired an illegal gun multiple times at another driver near Jefferson and Best.
The Erie County District Attorney’s office says a pursuit continued onto Main Street, with the vehicle Servance was chasing ultimately striking Gomez, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Servance pleaded guilty to manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon Friday morning. He’s being held without bail and faces up to 15 years in prison when he’s sentenced on October 23.
- McCarthy: Meeting with Biden is ‘very important’ amid shutdown, border talks
- Daytime Buffalo: Sept. 26, 2023
- Harlem community youth leader fights deportation
- Target closing 9 stores in 4 states for safety of workers, shoppers amid thefts
- Kraft Mac & Cheese brings back fan-favorite pasta shape after fans call for its return