BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man could spend up to 25 years in prison when he’s sentenced for manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon.
In July 2020, 23-year-old Mario Washington, Jr. shot Shariff Jackson while Jackson was sitting inside a vehicle in a parking lot on Delaware Avenue. Jackson, who was 28, died at the scene.
Months before this occurred, members of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office searched Washington’s home on Chelsea Place. There, they found an illegal, loaded gun that was connected to him through DNA evidence.
Washington pleaded guilty to the charges against him on Monday morning. He’s currently being held without bail, and will be sentenced in January.
- Majority of Americans think COVID-19 situation is getting worse: Gallup
- Buffalo Singing Cops come back to “The Amazing Race,” but are gone again
- MVHS employees appeal for kindness and respect amid pandemic
- Villa Maria College covering the cost of students’ books and supplies
- Jefferson County parents charged after 9-month-old found burned