BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man could spend up to 25 years in prison if he’s convicted of shooting two people on the city’s west side.
Prosecutors say Edwin Calo-Montanez, 32, shot the victims with an illegal gun on West Avenue near Vermont Street this past Wednesday night. They were taken to ECMC after suffering serious injuries.
Since then, Calo-Montanez has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon, as well as two counts each of attempted murder and assault.
He’ll be back in court on Friday.
- Caeleb Dressel goes for more gold on Day 7 of Tokyo Games
- Sponsors praise Simone Biles after withdrawal
- Erie County getting closer to “substantial” risk of COVID-19 transmission
- Biden pushing federal workers to get vaccinated
- ‘Somebody wake me up’: Proud dad reacts to Clearwater’s Bobby Finke winning gold at Tokyo Olympics