BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Memorial Day Weekend is kicking off with the opening of several Buffalo splash pads.
Friday at 2 p.m., the following opened to the public:
- Ralph Wilson Park – foot of Porter Ave.
- Allison Park – Reese St., adjacent to Asarese Matters Center
- Masten Park – Best St., adjacent to Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion
- MLK Jr. Park Basin – Best St. and Fillmore Ave.
- Lanigan Park – South Park Ave., west of Louisiana St.
- Lincoln Park – foot of Quincy St.
- Cazenovia Park – behind the park casino
- Houghton Park – foot of Spahn St.
- Schiller Park – Sprenger St. side of park
- Roosevelt Park – foot of Roosevelt Ave.
The City of Buffalo says another splash pad at the Kensington Pool will open once construction is complete.
Through the end of the school year in late June, the splash pads will be open daily from 2 to 7 p.m. Once the Buffalo Public Schools year has ended, that opening time will switch to 11 a.m.
The 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. schedule will be in place through Labor Day.
- These are the most and least educated states, based on Census data
- How to pay for pet care in an emergency
- Federal Court to hear challenge over Prince Harry’s US visa following drug use admission
- Local organization holds benefit for Hagen Street fire victims
- Why don’t tips show up on credit card charges?
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.