BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Tuesday morning, Buffalo police and the Erie County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad responded to a house on the first block of Lakeview Ave. on the city’s lower west side.
There, Buffalo police say a large quantity of ammonia nitrate was found during a parole check-in. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, it is a material used to make fertilizers and explosives.
When it was discovered, the Bomb Squad was brought to the scene.
Since then, the scene has been cleared.
- WATCH: Former Erie County Democratic Chairman weighs in on NY AG report on Gov. Cuomo
- Cuomo accusers speak out following AG’s report, call out ‘toxic workplace’
- NJ Gov. Murphy, alongside governors of CT, RI, PA, call on Cuomo to resign
- Missouri governor pardons gun-waving St. Louis lawyer couple
- Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul is next in line as governor if Gov. Cuomo resigns or is impeached – a look at her career