BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Buffalo Teachers Federation elections are heading into a runoff following Wednesday night’s election results, a source confirmed to News 4.
The runoff will be between president candidates Richard Nigro and Marc Bruno. Along with vice president candidates Melina MacPherson-Sullivan and Patrick Foster.
A source told News 4 that in order to elect a president, candidates need more than 50% of the total vote.
The results, announced Thursday night, show Nigro/MacPherson garnered 39.7% of the total vote and Bruno/Foster garnered 32%.
A third candidate, Melissa Kenney, and her vice president Trisha Rosokoff, garnered 28.3% of the total vote.
Campaigning will continue through May 31. Online voting will open on June 1 and run through June 5. Results will be announced on June 6.
- Rhode Island city gets bus to help house its homeless population
- ‘This is unprecedented’: Smokey air likely to stick around this week
- FBI’s Wray faces contempt vote: How did we get here?
- Federal prosecutors notify Trump he is target of investigation: reports
- Comedian Pat Cooper, known for ‘Seinfeld’ role and Howard Stern appearances, dies: reports
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.