BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo woman was fined $200 for hitting a bicyclist with a pickup truck last year.
The incident occurred in September 2020, during a demonstration in front of City Hall. Joanna Gollnau, 26, was driving through Niagara Square when she struck a woman who was seated on a bicycle.
The bicyclist was taken to a hospital after suffering injuries.
On Tuesday morning, Gollnau pleaded guilty to failure to exercise due care — a violation. In addition to the fine, she also received two points on her driver’s license.
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour coming to Buffalo in March
- Rochester family attacked with hockey stick near Blue Cross Arena
- Jordan Cashmyer of MTV’s ’16 and Pregnant’ dead at 26
- ‘Baby Shark’ becomes the most-watched video on YouTube, surpasses 10 billion views
- NYS landmarks to be lit red, green and black for MLK Day