BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Canisius High School held a drive-through food drive Saturday afternoon.
Non-perishable donations were collected to give back to our community. The school teamed up with St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy to make sure everyone gets a hot holiday meal.
“It makes me feel good knowing I’m helping out and giving back to people who are less fortunate than I am,” said Ben Sayers, senior, Canisius High School.
This event was just one of many conducted annually by Jesuit mission high schools who compete to collect as much food as possible.
- Hertel Avenue shines with annual tree lighting ceremony
- Totally Buffalo shop local event and toy drive continue through Dec. 5
- WNYers plunge into Lake Erie to benefit Special Olympics NY
- Renovations begin to stabilize Michigan Street Baptist Church
- Lt. Arren Boyd speaks on the 2021 Salvation Army Kettle Campaign, help needed