BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Will the new Downtown Bazaar open today? Monday’s the scheduled date, but it’s looking like it’ll take a little longer.
According to the Westminster Economic Development Initiative (WEDI), an issue with the fire suppression system is keeping the bazaar from opening.
“Our chefs and shop owners are eager to open but we await a date from our landlord when the code issues will be resolved,” WEDI wrote on Facebook. “We know this is frustrating but know that you want to support our business owners and hope you will make plans to visit the Downtown Bazaar in the near future.”
This past September, a devastating fire destroyed 11 businesses at the West Side Bazaar on Grant Street.
News 4 will provide more information on the bazaar’s opening when it becomes available.
- DeSantis looks to peel off evangelical vote from Trump
- New evidence in Trump case bolsters two sets of charges
- ‘I would do anything for her’: Josh Allen surprises family for daughter’s birthday
- Bandits star Josh Byrne practices, ‘there is a chance’ he plays in championship game
- Allstate stops accepting new property insurance applications in California
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.