BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Buffalo Police and Fire underwater recovery team pulled a vehicle out of Scajaquada Creek near Tonawanda Street on Friday afternoon.
Crews arrived on the scene just before 4 p.m. to a call of a vehicle in the water, according to Buffalo Police. No one was inside the vehicle when crews pulled it out of the creek.
News 4 obtained the following security camera footage from Secure Storage of Buffalo’s Tonawanda Street location of the vehicle driving into the water:
Additionally, News 4 photojournalist Jason Rust captured photos of crews in the water in between the 198 and the rear of Secure Storage of Buffalo.
This is a developing story and we’re working to learn more information.
New on WIVB.com
- Local leaders speak out on Tyre Nichols footage
- Final 4 NFL teams all feature offensive-focused coaches
- Former BPD officer facing charges related to looting investigation
- HS wrestling: Starpoint, Chatauqua Lake, Niagara Wheatfield in state title contention
- Ford recalls 462K vehicles over rear camera problem tied to 17 accidents