BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Buffalo Professional Firefighters Association announced funeral arrangements for fallen Buffalo firefighter Jason Arno.
Arno was killed while battling a four-alarm fire on Main Street. He was a three year veteran of the Buffalo Fire Department.
A wake will be held from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 9 at Amigone Funeral Home. A funeral will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 10 at St. Joseph’s Cathedral.
The fire department is accepting donations on behalf of Arno’s family. He leaves behind a wife and 3-year-old daughter.
In lieu of flowers, Arno’s family requested that memorials be made in his name to the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, according to Sweet Buffalo.
- ‘You don’t want to fall for this’: BBB warns of smart TV scam
- Starbucks shareholders back independent review of company’s labor practices
- Senator blocks nearly 200 military promotions over abortion policy
- 7 California officers, nurse charged in 2020 in-custody death of suspected DUI driver
- Twitter removes tweets about ‘Trans Day of Vengeance’
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.