BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — GO Buffalo Niagara, a program of GObike Buffalo, is offering commuters a shot at $200 gift cards they can use at local businesses.
It’s part of a program they’re launching called “Commuter Rewards.” During November, those who are interested can track ten “green” commutes for the opportunity to win one of 10 Shop 716 e-gift cards.
The gift cards can be used at more than 760 locally-owned businesses.
To participate, commuters must download the 511 Mobility app and create an account with 511NY Rideshare. If at least 10 “green” commutes are tracked, the user could be announced as one of 10 winners on December 1.
Every month after this, five $50 gift cards will be given to randomly chosen commuters who do this.
So what counts as a “green” commute? GO Buffalo Niagara encourages carpooling, walking, biking, transit and ridesharing, instead of driving alone.
“By exploring greener, cheaper, and healthier options other than driving alone, western New Yorkers are returning to a ‘better normal’ rather than a ‘new normal,’” Brendan Seney, GO Buffalo Niagara’s program manager, says.
- Lancaster runs away in second half to beat WSW 77-38
- Man undergoes heart surgery, wins $1M prize from lottery ticket in get-well card
- Capacity reaches its limit at Albany hospitals, leaders plan limits to elective procedures
- Local typewriter collector exchanges letters with fellow enthusiast Tom Hanks
- Nonprofit ‘disposed of’ Virginia mom’s belongings, left family without home days after C-section