BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — People are picking up the pieces after powerful wind gusts hit the region Saturday.
Congressman Brian Higgins is now calling on the owners of a grain elevator to help repair the building. Part of the wall on the Great Northern Elevator collapsed Saturday night.
In a letter to Archer Daniels Midland, Higgins argued fixing the structure will benefit both Buffalo and ADM. The congressman said the company should take advantage of historic tax credit — something that has supported several city projects in the past — however Higgins said he has yet to hear back from the company.
New on WIVB.com
- Alabama woman loses thousands through Zelle app scam
- Neil Young calls for his music to be pulled off Spotify over vaccine misinformation: reports
- NYS Supreme Court strikes down Gov. Hochul’s mask mandate
- Democrats push to pass climate change policy
- Parents of a Buffalo child with autism and PICA sue the Buffalo School District for child’s right to in-person learning