BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Congressman Brian Higgins says he made a “regrettable and embarrassing” error regarding his finances.
In a statement released to News 4 Friday morning, Higgins says he “mistakenly failed to file a Periodic Transaction Report (PTR)” regarding what he said were his “only stock transactions [he] completed” last year.
“I take full responsibility and will pay any penalty assessed by the House,” Higgins went on to say. “There was no intent to hide these transactions. I recognized the oversight and disclosed the information on my annual personal financial disclosure forms filed in August.”
- ‘Sex crime’ misdemeanor complaint filed against Cuomo
- Race for Governor of New York heats up
- ‘Bones or no bones’: Noodle the pug, Rochester owner help millions shape their day
- NAACP calls on pro athletes to avoid signing with teams in Texas
- Merriam-Webster’s new definition for ‘dad bod’ might actually be quasi-flattering to the average dad