BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Early Wednesday morning, crews responded to a massive fire at Metcalfe St. near Clinton.
The three alarm fire, which brought firefighters to the scene around 1:30 a.m., began in the loading dock area of a three-story vacant warehouse complex.
“The entire third floor of the warehouse was blown by the time we got here,” Division Chief Paul Graham says.
Damage to the building is estimated at $500,000. A detached building that was part of the complex suffered $300,000 in exposure damage.
No one was injured. Crews are still investigating what started the fire.
- Doggone surprise: Trenton Thunder’s “bat dog” runs onto Sahlen Field during Bisons game
- Colorado student arrested after threat had ‘large cache of weapons’ on campus
- A new Erie County program is giving a local man a second chance after pleading guilty to a felony
- Home sales dipped in August after two months of increases
- Pair of Kansas grade school boys jump fence to rescue infants from pool