BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)–IRS-certified accounting students from the University of Buffalo School of Management will provide free tax preps to individuals and families with annual income below $56,000 on both the North and South campuses.
UB says the IRS estimates using this type of service can save taxpayers $100 to $300 in preparation fees.
Free tax preps will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Preparations at the South Campus will be at 403 Hayes Hall on February 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, and March 1, 7, and 8.
On North Campus, preps will take place at 110 Jacobs Management Center on March 29, April 4, 5, 11, and 12.
3 p.m. is the latest recommended arrival time.
Those who would like to participate must bring:
- Proof of identification (state-issued photo ID for each adult, such as valid driver’s license or state-issued ID card)
- Original Social Security card for each filer and dependent (not a photocopy)
- If married filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Date of birth for self, spouse, and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2 and 1099) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099)
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Act Statements)
- Total paid for daycare provider and provider’s tax ID number or Social Security number
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit