BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Kenmore man could spend up to 15 years in prison after admitting to second-degree manslaughter.
This past February, Jason Washington, 42, was driving south on Seneca Street near Archer Avenue when he crossed the double yellow line and hit a northbound vehicle head-on.
The driver of the northbound vehicle, 57-year-old West Seneca resident Thomas Shoemaker, was killed. Washington and his female passenger were taken to ECMC to be treated for their injuries.
At the time of the crash, prosecutors say Washington was drunk and speeding.
He’ll be sentenced on February 16. Currently, Washington is out on bail.
- Kirby: White House working to gain access to detained Wall Street Journal reporter
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to leaving scene after running over, killing 10-year-old
- US condemns Russia’s detention of Wall Street Journal reporter
- 70% of doctors say COVID misinformation has negatively impacted patients’ health: poll
- White House warns Americans not to go to Russia after journalist detained