BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Police have arrested a Lockport man in connection with a Buffalo homicide.
Buffalo police say the incident happened this past Monday at Broadway and Krettner Street. Around 3:45 p.m., officers responded to a call about a person down. There, they found 38-year-old Buffalo resident Joseph Dash dead.
It was determined that Dash was shot with a BB gun while riding a bicycle on Broadway, the Erie County District Attorney’s office said.
Police subsequently arrested 43-year-old Kenneth James on Thursday, charging him with first-degree manslaughter.
Buffalo police worked with Lockport police and the Erie County District Attorney’s office to make the arrest. James, who’s scheduled to be back in court on August 23, is being held without bail.
He could spend up to 25 years in prison if convicted.
- Councilman will not be censured by Cheektowaga Town Board
- Security firm hired to protect asylum seekers in Erie County has license suspended
- Colin Kaepernick pens letter to New York Jets asking to be signed to practice squad
- Culver’s bringing back beloved cheese curd-topped burger
- Historic Broderick Park could soon receive name change