BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo police have recovered a vehicle they say was used in a hit-and-run earlier this month.
During the incident, a motorcyclist was struck and killed at the intersection of Genesee Street and Rapin Place. He was identified as a 44-year-old Cheektowaga man.
MORE | Buffalo Police searching for vehicle of interest after motorcyclist was killed in hit-and-run at Genesee and Rapin
Police say the 2008 Mercedes-Benz they were looking for was found in a yard within half a mile of the crash scene.
According to Buffalo Police Deputy Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia, the passenger side door had been “professionally removed” when the vehicle was found.
“This would be the point on the vehicle where the most damage was sustained,” Gramaglia says. “We have yet to recover the passenger door and seek assistance from the public in doing so as well as who may have removed it.”
Anyone with information they believe could help investigators can call the Buffalo Police Department’s confidential tip line at (716) 847-2255.
- Man charged in relation to Rochester abduction of 4-year-old, mother
- Kissing Bridge closes for 2022-23 season
- How much does the average Costco shopper spend per visit? Costco reveals the answer
- How Jerome Powell’s economic moves put pressure on Biden
- No injuries in residential structure fire in Lewiston