BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A motorcyclist has died as the result of a hit-and-run at Genesee Street and Rapin Place in Buffalo, and Buffalo Police are asking for the public’s help identifying a vehicle of interest.
Police said it happened Thursday night, shortly before 9:30 p.m. According to authorities, a westbound vehicle on Genesee was trying to turn when the driver hit the motorcyclist.
The 44-year-old Cheektowaga man on the motorcycle was taken to ECMC, where he later died.
Buffalo Police are looking for a dark-colored, four-door Mercedes Benz sedan as the vehicle of interest. It’s believed the car has considerable damage to the passenger side doors, a missing passenger side wing mirror and the passenger side airbags may have deployed.
BPD provided surveillance camera pictures of the vehicle:
Anyone with information is asked to call or text the Buffalo Police Department’s confidential tip line at (716) 847-2255.
- City of Buffalo launches new grant program for small businesses
- Report: Bills owner Terry Pegula leaves NFL meeting after learning he was exposed to COVID-19 at daughter’s wedding
- Almost a month into strike, Catholic Health considers pulling striking workers health benefits
- A national brand is looking for the “ultimate” Bills fans for a commercial – here’s how to apply
- Cannabis candy? Warnings issued ahead of Halloween