BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Some new NOAA-funded technology is helping the local waterways get cleaner.
NOAA stands for National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Thanks to them, Buffalo Harbor State Park has a new, aquatic trash skimmer. It’s called a Seabin.
Congressman Brian Higgins says “This is a demonstration project. It’s innovative. It’s about trial and error, but our hope is with the two installations here, we will be successful in addressing a major threat, which is manmade, to our waterways.”
- Buffalo man indicted for murder, gun charge from June 2020 shooting
- Niagara County Sheriffs investigating fatal crash
- Kids Mullet Championship 2022: Young finalists keep business up front, party in the back
- One of the world’s largest moths has been spotted in the US for the first time
- Seneca Nation-NYS gaming compact reaches 20 years